If you’re anything like me, you’re counting down the days until summer and filling your Pinterest boards with road trip destinations, swimsuits to die for, and the perfect appetizers for a cookout with friends. If you’re anything like me, you’re broke. AF. Here are some ways to raise money for my favorite season – and FAST!
1. Babysitting. You probably saw this one coming. Sites like care.com and sittercity.com have given me a plethora of job opportunities. I am currently working as a nanny with a family I found on Care! If you’re just look for a quick gig, no worries: there are plenty once-a-week and date night options. Making a profile is FREE! I recommended having a nice profile pic and writing your bio like its a letter to potential families. Tell them what you love to do, where you go to school, and why you’re a good fit (even if it’s just for a couple of hours to allow a dinner date).
2. Pet sitting. Whoa, shocker, Savannah! But seriously – the two sites I mentioned above also have pet sitting/dog walking jobs. A ton of them!! I got a job walking dogs last semester and made about $50 a week. If you have a free weekend, you could stay at someone’s house with their animals and make good, easy cash that way too.
3. Open an Etsy shop! Do you love painting canvases in your free time? Are you running out of room on your wrists to wear the bracelets you hand made? Set up an Etsy shop and make profit from what you love to do!
4. Sell bumper stickers. My laptop is COVERED with bumper stickers from Red Bubble. I set up a quick shop, designed a few stickers of my own, and I have made some cash here and there from people buying my designs! This is a slower process than the other options, but if you produce designs regularly and market your products, you’ll be sure to make a lot of sales!
5. Collaborate. Now is the time to step out of your comfort zone and work with other brands/blogs you love! You can use the pay to shop for more OOTD posts, tweak the design of your blog, and produce great content. Check out 9 Blog Must-Haves for working with brands, some networks that pay, and more ways to earn $$$.
Do you have any other ideas for saving for summer? Have you tried any of the ones I suggested? Tell me below!