Since my new blog release, I wanted to welcome any newcomers by sharing some things you might not know about me:
- My favorite color is purple. That was my first word, too.
- I love road trips. So much. If its a trip that’s longer than an hour in the car, let’s freakin’ do it. And I call dibs on choosing the music.
- I have a pet turtle. I wanted to name her Pippa, but S wanted to name her Tortilla. So Tortilla is her name and she’s like a grumpy southern woman and she loves playing with her moss ball, this giant ball of moss that rolls around and keeps the tank clean.
- I could live off of pasta and pizza. If it wasn’t so bad to eat pasta and pizza everyday, I would do it. On days where nothing is going right and my toenail polish doesn’t match the shoes that go with I’m wearing – THAT IS A REAL STRUGGLE YA’LL – I eat pasta. With extra parmesan cheese.
- I’m a nanny right now for three different families – one in South Carolina, one nearby, and one back home. Sometimes I feel like I’m not even here because I’m so busy and I’m running around so much. Do you ever feel like that? But I know all of this madness is all worth it.
- I knew of my boyfriend in high school and knew he drove a really nice car. I’m sorry. I’m creepy. But I never talked to him because I dated this buttwipe of a dude on and off my sophomore and junior year.
- Before I started dating my boyfriend, I was out of high school and shadowing a midwife and nannying for a family with twin boys. Those two nuggets taught me so much and I love them so much more. I graduated high school a year early, you see. Totally thought it was going to be the best four years of my life.
- Well, much to my surprise, high school wasn’t the best four years of my life. But that’s okay. I won’t bore you with my high school horror stories now, but maybe one day I’ll break them out of the back burner of my brain.
- I hate laundry. H A T E H A T E it. So much. Our apartment’s washer and dryer are so small, I just know it’ll take 37 loads to get my clothes I wore last week clean and fresh, so basically I don’t bother. I wait until I go home for the weekend and knock everything out in one load or two, thanks to my mom and her great taste in laundry appliances. But I would much rather do laundry than dishes any day.
- My best friend Katie and I are going on a huge trip together in June. We haven’t told anybody yet, and this is the first time I’ve ever mentioned on my blog. It’s gonna be big, ya’ll. You’re gonna FREAK. The big reveal will be on June 10th. I know that’s a long time to wait, but I was just sayin’. You won’t want to miss out on this vacation.
- Speaking of Katie, I met her sophomore year of high school and we passed notes in history class. We got super busy and never really hung out. I don’t know who talked to who first or whatever, but senior year of high school, we got super close and now we are going to live together and its going to be awesome. She’s awesome. Together, I think we’re awesome.
- If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be to Greece. Don’t ask me why. I have dreams about that place. I don’t know anything about it and I don’t know when I’m ever going to get there, but I promised myself I would go before I die. Hopefully Greece comes sooner rather than later.
- I loooooooooooove books. Seriously. I’m a total nerd. The only problem is that I can’t really read books during the school year because I get way too obsessed and stay up late and don’t do what I’m supposed to do because I get emotionally involved. I started reading Harry Potter in the first grade and got very attached. I know everything Hermione says by heart. I’m reading Eat, Pray, Love right now in moderation and the urge to get through every page in one day and see what happens is killing me.
- I might know every single word to every single song on the Frozen soundtrack. And the Tangled one. Sorry. I don’t want to talk about it too much because I feel like a dweeb. We should just Let It Go.
- Since I watch a lot of babies, I can do some pretty cool voices. One time, during a romantic walk on the beach with my SO, I switched to Princess Ariel faster than I could comprehend and I’m pretty sure I scarred the boyfriend for life. So much so that he asked me to “stop talking like a Disney person.” I swear I didn’t mean to.
- I am not athletic. There. I said it. My mom’s always like, “Sweetheart, yes you are,” but I know she knows that I’m as clumsy as she is (sorry) and no matter how much I try, I won’t be that cute runner girl or the girl who gets hooked on yoga. When I play a sport, I look like a giraffe that decided to go ice-skating.
- – except I actually did figure skate for a couple of years. My routine was set to Harry Potter music. Refer back to fact #13.
- And yoga – I want to love yoga so badly. I really do. But it’s so boring. So boring. Can somebody help me fall in love with yoga? I’m serious.
FOR YOU: Please talk to me. Share a funny story or something no one knows about you in the comments below! What you share might just get talked about in an upcoming post 😉
Happy Tuesday, ya’ll. Thank god Monday is over.